Serves as a Public Affairs Specialist in the Communication and Public Engagement Directorate, Outreach and Guest Operations Office. Responsible for the oversight of a variety of events and guest operations duties. Ensuring activities are planned, conducted and accomplished in a professional, orderly and effective manner and enhance/improve KSC's and NASA's communication initiatives. Includes special events, briefings, tours and related services extended to special guests of the Center.Learn more about this agency
- Develops and implements detailed events, launches, and special projects for the Agency, Center and the Directorate using knowledge and experience to reach intended audiences in support of NASA's overall strategic outreach programs and goals.
- Arranges and conducts tours and visits by important guests to include specialized requirements (technical briefings, transportation, communications, security/physical restrictions, facility requirements, related services) to share the NASA mission.
- Establishes/maintains effective working relationships with NASA organizations/stakeholders, commercial partners, launch providers, other agencies using professional diplomacy to ensure activities are planned/executed in support of strategic goals.
- Analyzes and develops budget, procurement, and program content related to events, launches, and special projects using knowledge of each activity to ensure successful outcomes.
- Analyzes, evaluates and advises management on the impact and effectiveness of events, launches, and special projects to share and have lessons learned based on feedback from the experience of invited guests to enhance future services.
- Assists in developing and/or revising procedures/policies, standards, and communications activities/materials governing events using established guidelines for more productive operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590511500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.